Labour lawyers in UAE
Labor & Employment Lawyers in UAE
This is also called employment law, but in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), people usually refer to it as labour law. This is all about the relationship of the employers to their employees.
Every nation has a distinct set of laws or regulations that control the relationship between an employer and employee. Companies that intend to hire employees for their organizations should adhere to specific requirements. There are guidelines for the tasks these employees must do when, when, and how. Employment law, often known as labour law, establishes the rights and obligations of the parties to an employment contract and regulates the relationship between the employer and the employee. Labor law regulations are mainly created to protect employees and guarantee their treatment equitably while advancing companies' interests.
Once an employer hires an employee, a contract based on contract law exists between the employer and the employee. The written terms and conditions of the job outlined in a written employment contract clarify expectations and develop confidence. A formal employment contract prevents uncertainty and conflict concerning the terms and conditions of employment that were agreed upon. Your workers will be discouraged from filing false claims if you provide them with a documented employment contract.
Law governing Labour Law in the UAE
The employer-employee relationships in the private sector are governed by Federal Decree Legislation No. 33 of 2021 on the Regulation of Labor Relations in the Private Sector (the UAE Labour law). Every Company, employee, and employer operating in the private sector must abide by the law's stipulations. As of February 2, 2022, the legislation is in force. Federal Law No. 8 from 1980 was repealed as a result.
Application of the UAE Labour Law
All UAE workers, whether citizens or foreigners, must abide by the law. But it does not apply to:
- Employees and the working staff of employees and workers of the federal government and the local government entities.
- personnel from the armed forces, police, and security
- Domestic servants.
Fixed-term contracts under UAE Labour Law
- The 'UAE Labour Law' (which went into effect on February 2, 2022), a worker may be engaged on a fixed-term employment contract for up to three years.
- The term may be extended or renewed for a similar or lesser period. In case the contract is not renewed or extended when it expires, and the parties continue to execute their contractual responsibilities. In that case, the contract is renewed under the same terms and circumstances as the original contract.
- Any extension or renewal of the employment contract terms will be included in the calculation of an employee's end-of-service benefits
Types of Work Model under the UAE Labour Law
The following four types of work Models are permitted under labour law:
Work arrangement types
The following four types of employment arrangements are permitted under labour law:
- Full time: An employee under this arrangement devotes all their time to one employer.
- Part-time: One or more employers employ an employee under such a contract for a certain number of hours or days.
- Temporary work: In this arrangement, an employee works on a specific task, and the contract expires when it is finished.
- Flexible Working: According to the employer's business requirements, working hours or days may fluctuate under this arrangement.
Labour Lawyers in Dubai, UAE
HHS Lawyers & Legal Consultants is composed of a team of the best labour lawyer in Dubai, having labour lawyers in Abu Dhabi and the other Emirates. We offer various services, like UAE labour law legal advice, to make you a respectful and responsible employer. It is essential for us that employers know the laws regarding employment and how to best comply with them. That is why as UAE labour law consultants, we ensure that you are well informed concerning everything about this and provide you with labour law advice in Dubai.
We have been one of leading labour law firms in Dubai for more than ten years. Our expert lawyers with a thorough understanding of the local legal system and practices would provide you with an excellent service upholding universal standards. The unmatched quality of our service would relieve you from any burdens or embarrassment, accrediting you as a good corporate citizen.
Labour Lawyers in UAE Services include but not limited to the following:
- Drafting employment contract
- Providing the legal assistant in hiring process
- Employment handbooks
- Disciplinary procedures
- Litigation advisory
- Corporate support
- Advising employees on their employment rights
- Representing company & employee before MoL