Marriage in UAE for Expats and Nationals
Laws governing marriage procedures are regulated by this Islamic legal system. Foreigners and nationals need to fulfill few conditions in order to Marry in UAE some of them are mentioned below
- Obtaining a pre medical certificate from relevant healthy authority before initiating marriage procedures.
- The parties initiating marriage procedures should have a valid permit stay in the country.
- The marriage of two persons of same gender is prohibited in UAE.
- A marriage needs to be legally registered in order to be considered.
- In case of person under 18 years of age an approval from competent authority is needed.