Marriage in UAE for Expats and Nationals
Laws governing marriage procedures are regulated by this Islamic legal system. Foreigners and nationals need to fulfill a few conditions in order to Marry in UAE some of them are mentioned below
- Obtaining a pre-medical certificate from the relevant healthy authority before initiating marriage procedures.
- The parties initiating marriage procedures should have a valid permit to stay in the country.
- The marriage of two persons of the same gender is prohibited in the UAE.
- A marriage needs to be legally registered in order to be considered.
- In case of person under 18 years of age an approval from competent authority is needed.