Generally speaking, marriage is about being legally bonded together by a contract and being celebrated by conducting a ceremony, which is the wedding. The two parties can then form a family and are expected to perform their legal duties to each other under the law.
There can be two types of marriage wherein either a government official or a clergy/pastor performs the ceremony.
There can be variations of marriage that are allowed from one country another, depending on their laws or cultures. The different marriages are as follows:
- Monogamy—This is the most common kind of marriage that is practiced anywhere in the world. This type of marriage is a union between two people only. Based on some research conducted by specialists, this is the most effective kind of marriage.
- Polygyny—This is the type of marriage wherein a man can marry more than one woman. This was more common in ancient civilizations. Although this is somewhat popular, monogamy is still the number choice of people.
- Polyandry—Quite the same as the second one, this is also about marrying more than one person. However, this applies to a woman. The people who usually practice this kind of marriage are the Marquesan Islanders of Polynesia.
Regardless of your nationality, the United Arab Emirates allow everyone to be married in this country. This is given that one or both parties are residents of the UAE. Legal requirements need to be met and arranged for them to be declared married under the law. There are family lawyers in Dubai who take care this kind of things on behalf of couples and can even offer marriage counseling.
Marriage in UAE for Expats and Nationals – Family Lawyers in Dubai
Sharia Law is the foundation of the laws in the UAE. The whole country and its aspects are regulated by this Islamic religion legal system.
When it comes to marriage in the UAE, they are therefore strict. No couple is allowed to live together under one roof regardless of what their religion or nationality is.
The only ways that a man and a woman can live together is if (a) they are married or if (b) they are family members. In this case, if a relationship between a man and a woman does not fall in either of those categories, they cannot be together under one roof. Not following this can put the two parties in the face of a huge repercussion as per the law.
Marriage Attorneys United Arab Emirates
When a couple decides to get married, there are legal requirements for non-Muslim and Muslim expatriates and nationals of the country. They are usually a general set of requirements that marriage lawyers in Dubai can simply walk you through it.
The needed documents for non-Muslim expatriates are usually as follows:
- Original and photocopies of the passports of the couple
- Birth certificates of the couples to be married
- Original and photocopies of the passports of the witnesses
- Medical fitness certificate and a blood test was taken at the Ministry of Health
- Former marriage certificates and final divorce papers if one or both of the parties are divorcees
- Previous Spouse’s death certificate if one or both of the parties are widows
On the other hand, the needed documents for Muslim expatriates are usually as follows:
- There should be at least one person who has an employment or residence visa in Dubai.
- On the day of marriage, both parties should be there at the Dubai Court.
- A national ID of the couple
- Passports of the couple
- Visa status of the couple
- Pre-marriage medical certificate
HHS Lawyers and Legal Consultants: Dubai Marriage Lawyers
HHS Lawyers And Legal Consultants offers marriage counseling services for Muslims and non-Muslims that will be handled by our team. With the stress that is brought about by this matter, having the one of the best lawyer Dubai
A family law attorney can deal with the processing of the required documents that should be presented. Because it is better to be guided with all the steps you need to take when it comes to both, our lawyers can do just that.
Before getting married, we can conduct a marriage counseling with you as it is one of our specialties, among many others, as a law firm. We can guarantee a quality service as we have more than 10 years of experience in our sleeves. Our lawyers are even keen to provide marriage advice if needed.
We aim for a smooth processing of marriage requirements for couples for them to start the next chapter of their lives without any hassle as much as possible
Regardless of the case, we ensure that your rights are safeguarded and that you are aware of them yourself for you to not decide hastily. We can guide you through the step-by-step process of what you aim to achieve.