People who do not draft their wills before they die, the law applied in the UAE will be used for the division of their assets. The UAE law of inheritance for will have an impact on the guardianship of your children if your children are from the minor group of age. This is why it is better for the people to draft their wills before they die with the help of will lawyers in Dubai who offer will drafting services in Dubai.
If you are a non-Muslim and are living in UAE, your home country must have your will already drafted for the sake of your assets. But if you have any movable or immovable assets in UAE, the laws of your home country will not be applied in UAE until or unless you get your will registered right according to the UAE law.
There are a lot of expats who do not plan to live permanently in Dubai but there is a huge number of those expats who consider living in Dubai more than they had originally thought.
What if you do not draft your will before you die?
- Right after you die, your bank accounts will be frozen no matter whether the bank account was a joint or an individual account.
- All of the visas that were dependent on the deceased person will be cancelled
- The process of assets reappropriation may not play a part on the favour of the immediate family of the person who dies.
- He minor age children’s custody will be gone to those who you might not prefer and for the children custody, the government may have to interest for the decision making
- Your life insurance may also go into the side of the government which will then be considered as their property
- If the court case appeals for more than five years, a huge number of legal payouts may occur
- Most of your assets may also go to the extended family of the deceased person and it will all be handled right according to the Sharia law.
What should you do?
You need to inform your family about all the assets you possess. You should inform them about your legal liabilities as well from time to time.
You must have a complete list of the assets that you possess. This list should have the complete information about your assets including the life insurance and employee benefits as well. The list should give an idea about your worth
You must complete your beneficiary details on the forms of employee benefits.
Steps for registration of will in Dubai
If you do not know how to write a will, you should better take the will drafting services in Dubai. The will lawyers and attorneys will help you in drafting your will while fulfilling all the legal requirements. The cost of making a will is very less and you can write your will by yourself as well.
What are the main documents needed for will drafting?
All you need is;
- Emirates ID
- Passport copy
- Original passport
- Document of will that needs to be legalized
- Clear proof of ownership of property
- Translation of will if it is in any other language rather than that in the Arabic language
Submit the application by using online Abu Dhabi Judicial Department [ADJD] website. The verification process will be proceeded by the expert employees and after that, a notification is sent to the client.
The payment system is online
Processing of application
HHS lawyers and legal consultants can be contacted for the bets will drafting services. They, being a leading firm in UAE helps the people will scheduling their appointment for the processing of the application. Furthermore, the applicant is asked to pay a visit on the fixed date to the Non-Muslim Wills Registration Office for the sake of submission of the required documents. After the proper completion of the processing of the will be carried out and then the will would be sent to the notary office.
Get a will and stay on the safe side
If you are planning to have a will of your own, you are doing it all right. Having your will at the right time is very important because it let you choose where your assets and property will go after you die. If you do not draft your will before your death, there is a chance that the people who are not worthy of your assets may become the owners of your property.
For the best consultant services regarding will drafting, you should take the help of HHS lawyers in Dubai. They have skilled and qualified employees who are very good at helping the people in drafting their wills and making a will legal. Also, the cost of the will drafts that they charge is very affordable which attracts the people towards them even more